Monday, July 12, 2010
Time to Register for the Race
Just a reminder that it's time to register for the "Hall A$$" team if you want to participate in the Race for the Cure on Sunday, August 8th. Just click on the picture, then click on "Register for Michelle's Team" and you can complete the registration form. A couple of things:
1. I plan to walk the one mile family-friendly version. You're welcome to be a timed runner or walk the 5k but I will probably be recovering from surgery and will need to take it easy.
2. The race is family and pet-friendly. We've walked for about 12 years and you see baby strollers, wagons, and dogs on leashes.
3. There are lots of booths set up in the Union Station parking lot with free stuff: water, yogurt, ice cream, snack bars, etc. Also, many companies that support breast cancer research will be onsite. In the past, the KC Chiefs cheerleaders have been there to cheer us on. And local youth cheerleading teams are all along the walk route. Also, last year there were a few music groups playing. It's quite a festive atmosphere!
4. It's pretty much all done by 9:00 at the latest, so you have the rest of the day.
5. There is plenty of parking in the area - most of the parking garages are open that morning and we never have a problem finding a good spot. We usually try to be there a little before 7:00.
And don't forget to let me know your sizes for our custom tshirts. We need to get a feel for how many we want to order.
Call me or email me if you have questions.
I am looking forward to seeing many of you at the Race!
Posted by Unknown at 8:28 AM