Friday, July 2, 2010

Appointments scheduled for early next week!

I have to say, the surgeon's office is on the ball! I now have an oncologist appt. for next Tuesday and a radiologist appt for next Wednesday.  I'm not going to cancel the onco appt for the 14th as that may provide an opportunity for a second opinion without having to wait for an opening.   That's better!


  1. I'm so happy that you have a proactive surgeon. You have so many descisions that must be made fairly quickly, but I agree that it would be wise to have as much information as possible when making those decisions.

    If you do have the surgery first, it may heal more quickly than it might if your immune system is already compromised with the chemo.

    Try to enjoy the holiday weekend as much as possible.


  2. I'm glad you heard back because I was thinking when reading the previous post they would not be open Monday. Most people have the Monday off for the 4th.

    All you can do is get the most infomation you can get and process it. Maybe over the weekend you can explore the internet a bit to get others opinions and more information.

    The internet good or bad can be a wealth of info as we know. And again time is important but maybe with the doctors closed and really no additional stuff from them, it will give you some time to process all that you have gotten so far.


  3. Sandi - good input about healing more quickly. I hadn't thought about that, and I may use that thought to justify a decision to have the surgery first. Definitely a consideration!

    Linda - yeah, I forgot for a moment that Monday is a holiday. But it all worked out. As for the internet, there are certain sites that are very good for breast cancer and I'm sticking to those for fact-based decision making.

  4. Doesn't it drive you crazy? No wonder you can't sleep. I agree you need to get all, or as much information as you can. And then process it. And as you mentioned it would be so much easier if it could be worked out mathmatically. I'm glad your Dr. was able to move things up a bit and was able to get back to you today.

    I hope you can get some sleep. I can see where your thoughts are going and all does make sense. This is something only you can decide with the best info you can get. Also get opinions of the Drs. but in the end it all ends up to be you.

    Enjoy your dinner and the fireworks tomorrow. It will be good to be with family and relax a little. Nothing can be done now anyway.

  5. I assume if you have the surgery first, it will involve more breast tissue so that's another consideration. The more information you get the better able you will be to make an informed decision. This is why it is important to have doctors you trust so they can help you make this decision. Ultimately, you must do what is best for you.


  6. Michelle,

    You have so many decisions to make right now. It can be overwhelming. Each specialty has their own view of how to proceed and that doesn't always include what would be BEST for YOU as an individual.
    I just read some papers on having stents put in for heart artery blockages (NON invasive and performed by a cardiologist)VS having a bypass (CABG)whick is a more invasive surgery performed by a Cardio Thorasic Surgeon.

    Each had their own reasons why their option was better, including how much it put into the doctors pockets.

    I hope that whatever decision you choose it is the one that works the best for YOU.

    Once you have a plan of action, stivk with it and don't look back at the "MILLION WHAT IFS" that will follow.

    My best thoughts and wishes are with you and your husband at this time.


  7. I just saw this today. I'm glad you're getting to see your doctors earlier! It is very hard to be making the decisions you are right now, but the good part is that "you're" making them.

  8. Whew...what a lot to process. I don't even know what to say, other than my thoughts are with you, and I hope you get ALL the pieces of the puzzle in time to make the best decision for you and your family.