Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Came through with flying colors!

Yeahhh!!!  No lymph nodes removed, so no drains!  The tumor was 3 cm as we initially expected so there were absolutely no surprises.  The initial Sentinel Node biopsy was clear so there was no need to go further with node biopsies. 

I'm home, sitting in my recliner, drinking everything in site.  Not sure if it's the morphine they gave me or the anesthesia or general lack of fluids but I am really, really thirsty.  So I'll just keep on drinking...or go a second round with watermelon tonight. I have not experienced any nausea (thank you Patch), I don't have much pain (we'll see how that goes later this evening - I'll have Vicodin on hand) and I am going to sit back and rest with ice packs, my best friends!

The pathologist is going to retest my ER/PR status as it was a bit ambiguous from the initial biopsy.  Want to see something a little more definitive than "weakly positive".

I am a happy camper!



  1. Michelle - Glad you are relaxing at home with your family. Take it easy and follow doctor's orders. I am thrilled that the node biopsy provided good news!

    Thanks so much for checking in and keeping us informed.


  2. Gosh I'm so happy for you, Michelle! You are doing great! Maybe you can watch "So You Think You Can Dance" tonight, or "America's Got Talent".

    What is ER/PR status?

    I hope you stay out of pain tonight. At least you have pain pills.

    I've been thinking about you all day.


  3. That is fantastic that you are posting already. Enjoy the meds and the watermelon. You have been in my prayers all day and I'm so glad all went well.

  4. Michelle, I'm so glad for the outcome.


  5. I'm really happy for you. I slept in the recliner for more than a week after I got home. some days/nights I had to have my wife flip the lever to get it down and even push the chair upright.

    Use your hubby for help while you have a good excuse for it ;)

    I learned it is better to take a pain med if you even think you need one. It is easier to keep the pain level down by staying on top of it rather than waiting for it to get bad then playing "catchup" and waiting for them to kick in and provide relief. That happened to me one night despite taking them every 3 hours. The nurse was smart and added an anti-anxiety med and soon I calmed down and the pains went away with the pain meds.

    Hoping for a speedy recovery for you.


  6. Glad that everything went well and you are back at home, Michelle! Your friends from New Hampshire have thinking and praying for you all of yesterday! We are ALL gald that everything went well.

    Like mother, like daughter. Lovin' the watermellon!!! Bon Appitite! Haha!

    Glad to hear that you are back at home. Your NH peps are wishin that we could be out there to help. So since we can't, put Alli to work and have her help out as much as possible!

    Take care,

  7. Michelle, I am doing the BCO happy dance for you. Take it easy and don't overdo it. I did and lived to regret it.