I saw the breast surgeon this morning and we have a plan. Next Monday, after I get back from New Hampshire, we will head over to Menorah and I will have an MRI at 8 p.m. This is just to make sure there are no surprises lurking in my body. On Tuesday, I will go to Menorah for pre-op stuff, and on Wednesday I report at 11 a.m. for surgery scheduled at 1:30. If all goes well, I will be able to have the 5 day Mammosite radiation instead of the 33 day plan. We did another ultrasound today and she thought everything still looked good and not "bigger" as the oncologist had indicated. He was feeling hematomas...I'm still loaded with them.
So the only scary part is if something happens Monday to delay flights. There is no room for delays...it's just how it had to be scheduled. I will be begging to get on a plane to get back to KC in time for the MRI, should weather or something else wreak havoc on our anticipated arrival time.
I will meet with a new oncologist at KU Med the following week. That is a good thing.
OK, on to New Hampshire for family, friends, beach, lobster, clams, and music. And very little cancer talk because mom will be with me most of the time.
Things are looking up!