Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Camille Jeanne Haven





August 20, 1929 - October 22, 2012

My mom passed away peacefully last night at the hospice facility in Merrimack, NH. 

For those who hadn't heard, we arrived back home last Thursday (3 days earlier than planned) because Mom suffered a massive aneurysm on Wednesday morning.  Allison and Christine rushed to the hospital, then kept watch over her until we could get home Thursday evening.  On Friday we moved her to a hospice facility - those people really are angels - where she died late last evening.   We were all there for her. 

The picture was taken two years ago at Powell Gardens, just east of Kansas City.  It's a beautiful place and she enjoyed going there.

I also took this picture of the inside of the chapel, with mom sitting in one of the pews.

Peace be with you, mom.




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. The one of your mother in the chapel is stunning.

    Blessings and peace to you and your family.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle - Jake and I are thinking of you and your family. I was fortunate enough to meet your Mom. She was a lovely person. Our prayers are with you at this very difficult time. The peace of the Lord be with you all.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's peace flow thru you and your family. This is a beautiful pic at Powell and it's a fave of mine too. She is free Michelle from Alzheimers, so devastating that takes a person away from us. Tell Rick to hug you tight for me!! And give him a big hug from me. XO Diana and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, what a beautiful lady with a beautiful family.

    linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I saw this photo posted by you before. But I never noticed your mom in it till just now.

    It is with tears that I wish you peace and happy memories. I wish I had the same.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry to hear this michelle. Love the picture of her and the stunning one of her sitting in the chapel. She must have been an amazing woman to have raised such an awesome daughter. Please accept my deepest condolences.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete